Mainframe as-a-Service Provides Answers to Legacy Mainframe Challenges
ViON’s Mainframe as-a-Service (MFaaS) is a subscription service offering that addresses legacy mainframe challenges and staffing shortages, while providing the scalability and flexible financial model that organizations need to support growth. Mainframe as-a-Service is an alternative that re-orients existing legacy mainframe systems infrastructure – compute, storage and networking – and allows operators to scale mainframe capacity in alignment with their organization’s unique requirements. Mainframe service providers are moving to an as-a-Service model to lower costs and reduce reliance on legacy mainframe systems.
Mainframe as-a-Service helps:
- Avoid higher maintenance costs and failures caused by aging technology with legacy mainframe hardware
- Keep pace with mainframe systems modernization while staying within budget and maintaining efficiency
- Move from CapEx to OpEx by subscribing to mainframe services on a monthly basis— you pay only for the capacity installed and activated
- Avoid allocating resources and CapEx funds to upgrading mainframe infrastructure, hardware maintenance, support services and negotiating maintenance contracts
- Ensure compliance and alignment with Cloud First mandates while improving service delivery