Geographic Information Systems (GIS) integrate multiple types of data to analyze spatial location and organize layers of information into visualizations using maps. Supporting these applications in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment is challenging, requiring significant video, CPU, RAM, and Disc I/O resources for optimal performance.
- GIS Desktops are one of the largest applications running on Windows Desktops
- Many current GiS workflows require a video card for "reasonable" performance
- Resource intensive GIS applications can be costly to deploy and manage
- Supporting GIS applications in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment increases the complexity
ViON GiS Solutions:
Nutanix (HCI) & Nvidia GRID Technology for GIS
Why ViON for GIS Solutions?
ViON's Data Center as-a-Service (DCaaS) removes the complexity and reduces the burden of managing GIS challenges by providing all facets of data center technology as-a-Service, including hyperconverged infrastructure supporting GIS applications, all without the up-front investment. DCaaS helps accelerate and streamline delivery of capabilities and technology, enable modern IT delivery and reduce costs – all with the support of our expert project management team 24/7/365.
- Predictable Cost Model
- U.S.-based 24/7/365 Management
- Guaranteed Service Levels Backed by SLAs
- Complete Implementation According to Industry Best Practices
- Metrics focused on Business Outcomes