Hitachi Dynamic Replicator (HDR)
ViON presents Hitachi Dynamic Replicator (HDR) to meet the strictest recovery point (RPO) and recovery time (RTO) objectives while improving application availability and lowering costs.
Dynamic Replicator is application aware and provides Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and replication solutions supporting heterogeneous storage vendors in a variety of connection modes (i.e., internal disk, DAS, SAN, iSCSI). Dynamic Replicator utilizes hybrid recovery technology and helps eliminates backup as a discrete event. Recover from any point in time or from any application-consistent point in time. With the unique hybrid recovery technology, Dynamic Replicator captures changes to data in real time and offers flexible recovery to any previous point in time. Get fast, reliable recovery even when data is corrupted.
Hitachi Dynamic Replicator gives you a high degree of application integration, network optimization and automated management. It also provides rich, full featured replication-based solutions to minimize disruption when upgrading to the latest in Hitachi storage systems.
- Simplifies and shortens disaster recovery process by automating application recovery—makes it easier and less disruptive to test your disaster recovery plan
- Maximizes flexibility to preserve your existing investments by implementing heterogeneous data replication
- Lowers administrative costs by automating your disaster recovery operations
- Minimizes data loss to within minutes by providing remote site data recovery in the event of a disaster
- Reduces deployment costs by implementing the industry’s most WAN-efficient disaster recovery solution
Key/Critical: Application Consistency and Recovery:
Application consistency is enforced at regular intervals through VSS integration on Windows and native application specific mechanisms on Linux and Solaris systems. Application consistency is also enforced at the guest level in virtual environments such as VMware ESX, Xen Server and Hyper-V. These application consistent points are tagged by a bookmark and archived as part of the CDP data. They can be leveraged to perform application consistent recoveries within stringent recovery time objectives.
Recoveries can occur to the latest or any previous point in time by creating a disk-based image or snapshot to the desired point-in-time, thus, providing the maximum flexibility to select the best recovery point for any given scenario. Additionally, virtual snapshots created with HDR do not consume any target storage, and can be used to perform granular file and object level recoveries. Mailbox and message level recovery is currently supported for most versions of MS Exchange.
How It Works:
HDR is application aware and uses lightweight agents to protect the source system data by communicating with the HDR Appliance and replicating data changes to a target host or hosts.
- Hitachi Dynamic Replicator VX agent for industrial strength volume replication
- Hitachi Dynamic Replicator FX agent for file-level replication
Htiachi Dynamic Replicator CX software or appliance, which performs management, monitoring and optimization functions for DR.
To learn more about the Hitachi Command Suite (HCS), to include a presentation and/or demonstration, please submit a request.
The following files are presented in pdf format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.