Hitachi Command Suite (HCS)
ViON presents the Hitachi Command Suite (HCS), an integrated software suite for the efficient management of Hitachi storage and server infrastructures that lowers capital and operational costs. With new levels of usability, workflow, performance, scalability and private cloud enablement, the Hitachi Command Suite lets IT organizations build sustainable infrastructures with leading storage technologies.
The Hitachi Command Suite delivers unique 3D management in support of the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP), the only 3D scaling storage platform designed for all data types, and all other Hitachi storage systems.
A seamlessly integrated management software suite, the Hitachi Command Suite is composed of the following software products:
- Hitachi Basic Operating System, including Hitachi Device Manager, provides centralized management of distributed storage environments with highly granular control for individual Hitachi storage systems.
- Hitachi Basic Operating System V, including Hitachi Universal Volume Manager, adds virtualization of Hitachi and third party storage attached externally to Hitachi Enterprise storage for an effective, integrated tiered storage platform.
- Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager Advanced offers robust path failover and load-balancing SAN multi-pathing capabilities with integrated path management to improve the application’s access to data.
- Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning provides virtual storage capacity to simplify the administration of adding new storage and improve performance and capacity utilization.
- Hitachi Dynamic Tiering simplifies tiered storage management by automating the page-based movement of data to the most appropriate storage media according to workload and usage patterns. This automates management, maximizes service levels and minimizes storage costs.
- Hitachi Command Director streamlines the reporting and management of Hitachi storage systems based on business applications and functions to ensure their service level objectives are met.
- Hitachi Storage Capacity Reporter, powered by APTARE, provides agentless, heterogeneous storage capacity reporting from application to disk for improved end-to-end storage capacity utilization and planning.
- Hitachi Tiered Storage Manager matches application quality of service (QoS) requirements to heterogeneous storage assets and tiers, moving data volumes without disruption to match data requirements.
- Hitachi Tuning Manager monitors performance metrics, from the application to the storage device, enabling storage performance reporting, analysis and optimization.
- Hitachi Virtual Server Reporter, powered by APTARE, offers agentless, customizable storage reporting for VMware virtual server environments across heterogeneous storage assets.
Hitachi Command Suite offers a 3D management software framework to lower costs and efficiently manage all data types. With end-to-end reporting and simplified management of the virtual data infrastructure, you can maximize the utilization of IT assets and improve application data access, availability and performance. Hitachi Command Suite capabilities will help you properly align the right management practices needed for your infrastructure today and plan appropriately for future growth.
Please note that the Hitachi Command Suite, though an integrated software suite, is sold as separately priced software.
To learn more about the Hitachi Command Suite (HCS), to include a presentation and/or demonstration, please submit a request.
The following files are presented in pdf format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.