Hitachi Data Ingestor (HDI)
ViON presents Hitachi Data Ingestor (HDI), which creates an entry point for the cloud by presenting a unique edge to core design and a tight integration with Hitachi Content Platform (HCP). The amount of storage appears “bottomless” to the edge users because HDI is essentially a cache for data that is periodically transferred to the centrally (main data center) located HCP. The solution is thus backup free as all data is immediately recallable to the end user.
Because the HDI is both a multi-tenant and a multi-namespace environment, content sharing can be implemented across a network of HDI servers.
- Three configuration options are available:
- Dual node configuration with SAN-attached storage
- Single node configuration with internal direct-attached storage (DAS)
- VMware configuration (software-only), running on VMware vSphere Hypervisor and available in a high availability architecture
- File restore:
- Retrieve previous versions of a file as well as deleted files
- Maintain file and directory access control
- NAS migration:
- Transparently migrate data from NAS and Windows Servers to HDI
- Automate throttling and continuous migration of data into HDI
- Native file system access (CIFS and NFS) into centralized core infrastructures
- Wide range of advanced storage features for simplified, automated, centralized management
- Reduced risk:
- Automates management and enforcement of regulatory, governance and data lifecycle policies
- Secures and protects content with encryption, WORM, replication, RAID, data integrity checks and more
- Supports full integration with Active Directory and LDAP
- Support for leading WAN acceleration solutions for WAN optimization and data compression and deduplication over the WAN
To learn more about the Hitachi Data Ingestor (HDI), to include a presentation and/or demonstration, please submit a request.
The following files are presented in pdf format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.