IBM TS7650G ProtecTIER Deduplication Gateway
ViON presents the IBM System Storage TS7650G ProtecTIER® Deduplication Gateway, designed to meet the disk-based data protection needs of the enterprise data center while enabling significant infrastructure cost reductions. The solution offers industry-leading inline deduplication performance and scalability up to 1 petabyte (PB) of physical storage capacity per system that can provide up to 25 PB or more backup storage capacity. Combined with IBM or third-party storage, the ProtecTIER Gateway provides a powerful disk-based repository to improve the performance, retention and availability of backup and archive data.
ProtecTIER Deduplication Gateway System Storage - TS7650G
The TS7650G ProtecTIER Deduplication Gateway provides:
- High-speed backups: Up to 2000 MB/sec or more (7.2 TB/hr) sustained inline deduplication backup performance
- Even faster restores: Up to 2800 MB/sec or more (10 TB/hr) sustained recovery performance
- Capacity: Easily scalable to provide up to 25 PB or more backup storage capacity
- Data Integrity: Nonhash-based approach avoids the possibility of data loss due to a hash collision
- Nondisruption: Inline approach ensures backup windows are met and existing operations are not disrupted
- Symantec OpenStorage (OST) support: Simplifies administration of backup, restore and replication operations
- Production proven: Tested and proven in thousands of production environments around the globe since 2005
ProtecTIER’s native replication technology enables the automated electronic replication of backup data among one or more data centers, remote office and offsite storage locations for enhanced disaster recovery and business continuity. By eliminating the need to transport actual tape cartridges, data can be recovered faster and more reliably enabling systems to get back online quicker in the event of a disaster or major system outage. It also lowers the total cost of ownership of backup and recovery by eliminating the costs associated with moving and storing physical tape cartridges.
ProtecTIER deduplication with native replication technology provides:
- One-to-one replication for enhanced disaster recovery operations
- Many-to-one replication for improved remote office data protection
- Many-to-many replication for multiple data center environments
- Enterprise-class data integrity level at all sites
- The ability for a remote site to become primary site during disaster recovery
- Replication that can occur concurrently with backup and inline deduplication
- Easy-to-use GUI-based management and monitoring tools
Deploying a TS7650G ProtecTIER Deduplication Gateway solution can help organizations protect their corporate data on disk-based storage more efficiently while helping them manage the exponential growth of new data through reduction or elimination of duplicate data in their backups.
- Improves backup and recovery and simplifies disaster recovery operations
- Lowers operational costs and energy usage
- Manages more data with less infrastructure
To learn more about the IBM System Storage TS7650G ProtecTIER Deduplication Gateway, please submit a request.
The following files are presented in pdf format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.