IBM 3500 Tape Library
ViON presents the IBM System Storage TS3500 Tape Library, a library that is designed to provide a highly scalable, automated tape library for mainframe and open systems backup and archive in midrange to enterprise environments.
The TS3500 tape library supports the following:
- Attach to System z via:
- IBM 3953 Tape System. Maximum (4) per TS3500 subsystem
- IBM Virtualization Engine TS7740. Maximum (8) per TS3500 subsystem
- IBM Storage Tape Controller. Maximum (16) per logical TS3500 logical library
- System z via the IBM Virtualization Enginer TS7740
- IBM TS1140, TS1130, TS1120 and 3592 tape drives
- IBM LTO Ultrium 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1 tape drives
- One base frame plus up to 15 expansion frames
- Up to 12 drives per frame and up to 192 drives per library and up to 2,700 per library complex
- Up 224 input/output slots per library and up to 3,360 per library complex
The TS3500 tape library has the following key features:
- When configured with LTO Ultrium 5 cartridges, the TS3500 can store up to 60 petabytes of compressed (2:1) data and up to 900PB compressed per library complex
- When configured with 3592 cartridges, the TS3500 can storage up to 180 petabytes of compressed (3:1) data and up to 2.7EB compressed per library complex
- Encryption via the IBM Tivoli Key Lifecycle Manager and the TS1140, TS1130, TS1120, TS1050 and TS1050 tape drives
- WORM capability with TS1140, TS1130, TS1120 and LTO Ultrium tape drives.
- Shuttle Connector (Model SC1) allows connection of up to (15) IBM TS3500 tape libraries as a single library complex
- Redundant power supplies and AC feeds
- Mixed LTO Ultrium and 3592 media support for heterogeneous environments
To learn more about the IBM System Storage TS3500 Tape Library, please submit a request.
The following file is presented in pdf format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.