Hitachi Compute Blade
ViON presents the Hitachi Compute Blade servers. Hitachi has been in the compute and server market for over 50 years, designing and manufacturing everything from mainframes to thin client servers. Hitachi Compute Blades leverage Hitachi’s mainframe heritage and innovation by providing enterprise-class computing in a dense and highly efficient form factor. With Hitachi you can rely on the same level of quality, reliability, and support as our portfolio of enterprise storage products.
Do more in your data center with highly reliable Compute Blade 500 blade server. Designed for virtualization, this enterprise platform is ideal for cloud computing applications. With the latest Intel Xeon processor E5 family, it delivers outstanding performance, unprecedented scalability and configuration flexibility. It extends Hitachi logical partitioning benefits, including an integrated switched fabric networking option, to new areas of the enterprise data center.
The Compute Blade 500 blade server includes the following features:
- Hitachi Compute Blade 500 is a high-density 6U rack mount blade server system with a chassis that supports up to 8 server blades with associated I/O and management hardware.
- It features native logical partition (LPAR) technology implemented in firmware. LPAR technology is typically associated with more expensive high-end enterprise platforms and is a reflection of the extensive experience and mainframe heritage of Hitachi Data Systems. An ideal complement to host-based virtualization, LPAR technology improves optimization of resources, and lets customers decrease overhead costs and increase manageability, reliability and performance.
- Hitachi Compute Blade 500 introduces a new state-of-the-art embedded 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch designed to increase scalability and enhance virtual machine (VM) mobility, further simplifying management and significantly reducing operational overhead of virtualized blade server environments.
- The open, high-performance and flexible architecture of Hitachi Compute Blade 500 allows the system to be easily configured for a mix of virtualized applications and converged platform solutions.
- Server resources can be dynamically reallocated to match workload changes, and high levels of availability are achieved through features such as redundancy, hot-swap and automated cold standby failover.
Hitachi Compute Blade 2000 blade server is an enterprise-class platform. Featuring a balanced system architecture, it eliminates bottlenecks in performance and throughput. Hitachi Compute Blade 2000 embedded logical partitioning feature supports unprecedented configuration flexibility. It extends the benefits of logical partitioning to new areas of the enterprise data center, including mission-critical application servers and database servers, with minimal cost and maximum simplicity.
10u chassis houses up to 8 server blade modules
- Mainframe class high availability features (hot-swap, redundant components, automated failover)
- Latest Intel Xeon processors for state-of-the-art performance
- Multiple blade options for workload flexibility
- Large maximum memory configurations (up to 384GB per blade with 16GB DIMMs)
- Multi-blade SMP interconnect technology allows large applications to be supported by combining up to four blades to create a single system
- Hardware based logical partition (LPAR) capability for robust, secure, high performance virtualization
- Ultimate I/O flexibility by mixing integrated switched fabric and direct access to I/O slots
- Chassis expansion capability for increased I/O and internal storage capacity
To learn more about the Hitachi BladeSympony 2000, to include a presentation and/or demonstration, please submit a request.
The following files are presented in pdf format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.