ViON presents Quantum Scalar libraries which meet a broad range of backup needs, from workgroups to large enterprise data centers. The entry-level Scalar i40 and i80 tape libraries are suitable for small and medium-sized businesses and distributed environments. The i40 starts with 25 slots and scales up to 40 slots, and the i80 starts with 50 slots and scales up to 80 slots. The Scalar i500 is designed for midrange storage environments. It is a rack-mountable library that scales from 2 drives and 41 tape slots up to 18 drives and 409 tape slots. The Scalar i6000 is an enterprise library that scales up to 96 drives and 5,322 tape storage slots. The i500 and i6000 library platforms offer easy, modular growth, and they supply users with the performance, reliability and value of a single, continuous robotics system.
Quantum Scalar tape libraries include Quantum's iLayer software which offers a more advanced physical architecture than conventional libraries, internal server-class controllers, sensors, internal communication busses, and external network interfaces. The iLayer includes a series of integrated tools that provide Quantum tape libraries with robust management capabilities.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Quantum is a Pioneer in tape automation systems for open systems environments and has an install base of more than 70,000 branded tape automation systems.
- Quantum Scalar tape libraries scale from 1 to 96 tape drives and 25 to 5,322 tape cartridge slots.
- Quantum Scalar tape libraries include iLayer software which offers more advanced physical architecture than conventional libraries, internal server-class controllers, sensors, internal communication busses, and external network interfaces resulting in robust management capabilities.
- Real benefit of iLayer software is that customers save time, upwards to 75% compared to other libraries. In addition, the iLayer software improves reliability and uptime by 50% fewer service tickets and on the tickets that have been opened the time to resolution has been 30% faster when comparing the iLayer libraries to those that do not have this software.
- Scalar libraries are designed to address customers most critical challenges:
- Non-disruptive scalability
- Backup environment monitoring capabilities with media and tape drive reporting & analysis
- LTO-4/LTO-5 drive-based encryption support and Encryption key management for the enterprise.
To learn more about the Quantum Scalar libraries, to include a presentation and/or demonstration, please submit a request.
The following files are presented in PDF format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.