IBM TS1140 Tape Drive
ViON presents the IBM System Storage TS1140 Tape Drive, IBM’s enterprise tape drive. The IBM System Storage TS1140 tape drive features storage capacity to help you establish easy access to data, better security, long-term retention and data governance and regulatory compliance.
Business demands require applications that rely on high capacity and fast access to data as well as long-term data retention. The IBM® System Storage® TS1140 Tape Drive (TS1140 tape drive) features storage capabilities to help you establish easy, rapid access to data, improve security, provide long-term retention, and help maintain data governance and regulatory compliance. The TS1140 tape drive offers high-performance flexible data storage with support for data encryption. The drive can help you protect your investments in tape automation by offering compatibility with existing automation. To further protect your investment, an upgrade model is available for your existing System Storage TS1130 Tape Drives. For support of heterogeneous server environment, the TS1140 offers multiplatform support and can scale from midrange to enterprise environments.
The TS1140 tape drive supports the System Storage TS3500 Tape Library and IBM racks that enable stand-alone installation. The TS1140 features three options for Type C media. The 3592 Advanced data tape cartridge, JC, provides up to 4.0 TB native capacity, and up to 4.0 TB are provided by the 3592 Advanced WORM cartridge, JY. A limited capacity of up to 500 GB Economy cartridge, JK, offers fast access to data. The TS1140 tape drive can also read and write on previous media, type B (JB and JX), and read only on type A (JA, JW, JJ and JR).
To help optimize drive utilization and reduce infrastructure requirements, the TS1140 tape drives can be shared among supported open system hosts on a Storage Area Network (SAN) or between IBM FICON® mainframe hosts when attached to a System Storage Tape Controller Model C07 for IBM System z®.
- High performance with data transfer rate up to 650 MBps with compression
- Flexible media, including short and long length cartridges, re-writable and WORM formats and media partitioning
- Small form factor and high capacity
- Supports encryption and key management
- Compatibility with existing IBM tape automation installations
- IBM Power Systems™, IBM System i®, IBM System p®, IBM System z® and IBM System x® support
- Linear Serpentine recording
- 4 TB capacity using JC/JY media
- 1.6 TB capacity using JB/JX media
- 500 GB capacity using JK media
- 800 MBps burst data rate
- Compact 3.8 in x 7.8 in x 18.4 in dimensions
To learn more about the IBM System Storage TS1140 Tape Drive, please submit a request.
The following files are presented in pdf format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.